This mini course equips you with basic knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation.
After this course, you will:
- know what Monitoring and Evaluation a programme, policy or service is
- understand the difference between monitoring and evaluating
- understand that measuring is about reducing uncertainty
- know the difference between data, information and knowledge
- work with a results chain in the context of development and governance programmes, policies or services
- understand inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes and impact
- understand the difference between quantitative and qualitative data
- understand the difference between secondary and primary data
- know some key tools to collect data yourself
- know how to design high-quality, effective indicators
The crash course consists of 20 short, easily digestible lessons with video clips and graphics. It also provides downloadable material with the content of the course as well as suggestions for additional, high quality reading for each chapter.