This course is designed for anyone who wants an understanding of networking technologies. Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes when you upload a post on social media, send an email or have a skype call? This course is designed to give an overview of the networking concepts that make the internet run.
Learn the building blocks of modern network design.
This course will go over the following Networking Concepts:
- LANs - (LAN Protocols, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gig Ethernet, WIFI, FDDI, ATM LANE)
- Network Topologies - Types of Networks Topologies, Bus Topology, Star Topology, Ring Topology, Mesh Topology, Tree Topology, Hybrid Topology
- WANs - WAN Protocols, X.25, Frame Relay, ISDN, DSL, Networks Devices, Hubs, Switches, Routers, and Network Interface Cards.
- Concepts of IP - Packets and Addresses, IP service Port, (IP) Internet Protocol, IPv4 - Address Classes, Class “A” Address, Class “B” Address, Class “C” Address, Class “D” Address, Class “E” Address, TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), Three most common TCP/IP protocols, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP (File Transfer Protocol), UDP (User Datagram Protocol), ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol), and DNS (Domain Name System).
- TCP Dump, IP Behavior - TCP DUMP, Recognizing and Understanding, Recognizing and Understanding, The difference between IPv4 and IPv6, IPv4 Addresses Classes and Reserved Ranges, UDP Behavior, UDP and TCP, ICMP Behavior, and ICMP Doesn’t Have Ports.
- Routers, Routing Protocols - Router, Broadband Router, Wireless Router, Core Router, Routing, Static Routing, Dynamic Routing, Routing Protocol, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Access Control Protocols.
- Physical Security - Objectives of Physical Security, Physical Security Threats, Physical Security Controls, Physical Security Measures: Locks, Biometrics, Fire Prevention, and HVAC Considerations.