Welcome to Money School's course on debt - where you'll learn everything you wish you'd been taught about debt in school! We'll be covering:
- how debt works,
- why you might want debt, and why lenders want you to have it
- the types of debt (good, bad, luxury)
- if you're in debt: how to get out fast without debt consolidation
- how to stay out of (bad) debt.
We decided to make this course freely available for three reasons:
- Those who need it, can't afford it. It
would feel bad to ask you to use a credit card when we'd prefer you
paid it off. So we're taking away the excuses - now this training is
free, you just need to commit your time to complete it.
- Those who need it, can't become financially independent.
Having large amounts of consumer debt makes financial independence
(almost) impossible. We hope that by helping you get debt-free, you'll
consider taking the next steps toward financial independence.
- Young people need this knowledge.
We want you to share this with the young people in your life - those
not yet 18 years old - so they know how to avoid the woes of consumer
debt. Imagine if you'd known how to manage debt BEFORE you got your
first loan or credit card?